boinc_6.6.21_macOSX_universal.zip (5.9 Mo)
boinc_6.6.21_macOSX_SymbolTables.zip (5.5 Mo)
boinc_6.6.21_windows_x86_64.exe (7.0 Mo)
boinc_6.6.21_windows_intelx86.exe (4.6 Mo)
Changes for 6.6.21
– GUI RPC: client side: if parse a RESULT and CPU is nonzero but elapsed time is zero, we must be talking to an old client; set elapsed = CPU
– client: (unix): if host name lookup fails, call res_init().
This is an attempt to fix a problem on Linux where, if the client starts before a VPN is set up, it can never communicate
– Mac: Add -lresolv to XCode linker flags for client and manager
– Mac: MGR: add standard Preferences item under BOINC menu; add -lresolv to XCode linker flags for screensaver
– client: show project name in « backoff ended » msg
– SS: Under Mac Sandbox security, gfx_switcher launches default ss app as user and group boinc_master; don’t setgid boincscr
– Mac: Add -lresolv to XCode linker flags for ss_app and boinccmd
– SS: Under Mac Sandbox security, terminate default screensaver graphics app via gfx_switcher
– WINSCR: It appears newer notebook models with multiple video chipsets exhibit an interesting situation. It appears as though in certain conditions a single monitor machine actually reports itself as having three monitors. Normally the monitor that contains the primary window (coord 0,0) is on monitor 0, but on these machines coord 0,0 is actually on monitor 2. This led to the screensaver not properly exiting when keyboard and/or mouse activity was detected. Now when we detect that keyboard and/or mouse activity has happened we send the WM_INTERRUPTSAVER event to all windows on all monitors.
– WINSETUP: When uninstalling, don’t migrate the client data back to the 5.x location.
– WINSETUP: On some setups, how we were including the ‘Everyone’ well known security ID in the boinc_users group didn’t work properly.
From now on include the ‘Everyone’ security ID in the various ACLs instead. This will probley clean up a wide range of various issues with multi-user installs.
– web and client: change the default for « run_gpu_if_user_active » from true to false.
Currently running CUDA apps on NVIDIA GPUs causes a significant slowdown in GUI response.
– client: we were setting config defaults after parsing cmdline.
This meant that the cmdline args that set config params weren’t working:
– MGR: Fix compatibility problem with sizing of all-projects list in Attach Project Wizard on wxWidgets 2.8.8 or later
– XCode Project chenages created automatically by updating XCode to version 3.1.2